Thursday 17 February 2011

Busy is Not an Excuse

"Oh, I was busy". Simple enough. And I've heard it said more than a few times in the last few weeks.


"We haven't received our products yet that we ordered a couple of weeks ago....."
"Oh, I was busy. Sorry"


"You have only delivered half of what I ordered to eat, and that which you have delivered is wrong."
"Oh, we've been busy. Sorry"


Busy, is not an excuse. If you're in business, it's your job to deliver to the customer. If that means setting and managing their expectations ahead of time, then so be it. By the time the customer has had to chase. It's too late. The damage is done.


If you blame it on being busy what you are actually saying is "I'm disorganised. You weren't a priority. And to be honest, I'm not willing to take the blame."


Now, that's no way to treat your customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment